to the next level!
This all-day class is intended for both beginning and
intermediate students. RSVP REQUIRED by calling (913) 686-6562 or email your request to hammerspacehobby @ gmail for confirmation
Each student will make seven pieces of jewelry specifically designed to teach:
1) Major types of joins used in jewelry production;
2) Unique soldering characteristics of Copper, Brass, Bronze, and Silver;
3) Overcoming problems related to joining similar and differing metals;
4) The use of an array of common and uncommon solders;
5) Flux selection and usage;
6) Differing techniques for soldering of both large/heavy and small/delicate pieces;
7) How to make multiple solders on a single piece;
8) Use of oxy-acetylene, acetylene air, and butane torches;
9) Affordable hand-finishing techniques readily available in the home shop; &
10) Setting up and safely operating a home soldering station.
The four projects are:
1) Three piece set of heavy gauge copper and brass bangles.
2) A delicate set of silver earrings.
3) A bead or pearl set brass, bronze, and silver medallion.
4) A torch patinated copper pendant with an "eye" set cabochon.
As an added bonus, Jennifer Murphy (a local jewelry artist know for her
skill in soldering intricate and detailed pieces in silver) will be
joining me as a co-instructor. Enrollment will be strictly limited to
the first ten people to assure a staff to student ratio of 1:5.
Cost: $150.00 plus a $35.00 materials fee
For Ages: 14-114 years old
RSVP is required for this class. Call (913) 686-6562 or email hammerspacehobby @ gmail.com to reserve your seat.